To celebrate the Halloween season, I've put together a list of 10 overlooked films, movies that are sadly underrated, and it's a shame aren't more popular.
1. NOVEMBER (Shudder): Breathtakingly stunning cinematography in crisp, modern B&W. This is folk horror at its finest. Imaginative, unsettling, and original.
2. DEAD AND BURIED (Shudder): This one's from the 80s with one of the best last lines of a film ever. The special effects are top notch. A true cult classic.
3. THE INVITATION (Netflix): Hypertensive and brooding. This is always my go-to when someone asks me for horror recommendations streaming on Netflix.
4. TERRIFIED (Shudder): Unique, creepy, and contains one of the single most disturbing scenes in a film ever. The shower scene makes PSYCHO look like a romantic comedy.
5. THE BABYSITTER (Netflix): Nothing scary here. Just good fun. Coming-of-age with plenty of gore and humor.
6. HIGH TENSION (Amazon Prime): Great name for this film. Dark, unsuspecting, and it'll stay with you for a while.
7. BUG: A sadly overlooked William Friedkin (Exorcist) film full of disturbing paranoia.
8. BOXING HELENA: This one takes obsession to the next level. When I saw Kevin Smith's TUSK, all I could think about was this movie and how much better it is.
9. GOODNIGHT MOMMY (Amazon Prime): Twins are always creepy...and so are bandaged moms.
10. THEY LOOK LIKE PEOPLE (Amazon Prime): Another psychological one that toys with your mind and keeps you on edge.