As far as writing accomplishments, 2018 treated me better than any year thus far.
I slowed down on submitting to anthologies and magazines and instead focused on novellas. As a result, I had 3 novellas published last year and still had my work published in 5 anthologies (Splatterpunk Forever! not pictured) and 1 magazine.
Some highlights for the year:
- STIRRING THE SHEETS won the Indie Horror Book Award for best novella.
- VS: X featuring my story "A Season for Pruning" was nominated for a Splatterpunk Award
- Finding myself on close to two dozen "Best of 2018" lists.
- Collaborating on a book with my best writer friend, John Boden.
- I met a slew of great new friends on Twitter and Instagram who make writing worthwhile
- Discovered Raymond Carver
- Was invited to the Shock Totem team to help resurrect the magazine.
- Started a Patreon page.
And it nearly was.
Joe and I were both to be in an upcoming invite-only Jack Ketchum tribute anthology that crumbled horribly soon after its announcement. Maybe this year, Joe.
Thank you to the readers and reviewers whose praise encourages me to keep at it.
Here's to a great 2019 for us all!